Capitol Steps Return in 2015Enjoy dinner before or after a show of hilarious political satire and song parodies with the nationally-acclaimed Capitol Steps, returning to Cranwell this summer. Since they began in 1981, the Capitol Steps have recorded 35 albums including their just released "Mock the Vote". The Capitol Steps began as a group of Senate staffers who set out to satirize the very people and places that employed them. They’ve also been featured on NBC, CBS, ABC, and PBS, and can be heard 4 times a year on National Public Radio stations nationwide during their "Politics Takes a Holiday" radio specials.
- Convenient pre-show dining is available in the Mansion or at Sloane’s Tavern with the option of outdoor terrace seating overlooking the golf course
- Monday Night "All You Can Eat" BBQ at Sloane's Tavern in July August. Click here to see the full menu
- Music Room Lounge menu after the show until 11 pm, with international coffees and sumptuous desserts
Performances July 3 through August 31, 2015
Shows nightly at 8 pm, excluding Tuesdays
Show duration: 90 minutes
Tickets: $45 per person, open seating
Box Office (opens May 1): 413-881-1636 or purchase tickets on line.
Read what the critics have to say:
- "Among the best ensembles I've seen over several years... It's fun, and instructive." -- Richard Houdek, August 21, 2013, The Berkshire Eagle
- "This comedic troupe is on fire, fueled by the upcoming presidential election... No stone is left unthrown by these stone-faced satirists." -- Nichole Dupont, July 10, 2012, Rural Intelligence
- "Capitol Steps as sharp as ever... The cast is especially balanced and exceptionally adept at squeezing every laugh possible." -- Richard Houdek, July 18, 2012, The Berkshire Eagle
- "[The Capitol Steps perform] with charm and wit... A consistent pleasure."-- J. Peter Bergman, July 10, 2012, Edge Boston
- "They’re the best. There’s no one like them, no one in their league." -- Larry King, CNN
- “Some people in Washington are confused…the Capitol Steps are not.” -- Former Vice President Al Gore
- "[The Capitol Steps] had people chortling, giggling, snickering, shrieking and doubling over, nearly falling out of their seats, because they were laughing so hard." - -- Michael Janairo, Albany Times Union
- "I laughed so hard and so often that I forgot to write anything down - and had to buy the album just to write this review." -- J. Peter Bergman, Berkshire Bright Focus
- "Satirical, humorous, irreverent, lively, hilarious, energetic, and a treat." -- Shera Cohen, In the Spotlight
- "As fresh and funny as ever." -- Elyse Sommer, Curtain Up
- "[It's] 90 minutes of laughter therapy... The show remains smartly up-to-date." - -- Bess Hochstein, Rural Intelligence
Paint and Sip Party
Sunday, August 9
Cranwell Spa in partnership with The Dirty Brush present the next “Paint and Sip Party”!
3 – 6 pm in the Spa Cafe
$40 per person, includes:
- High quality paint supplies, Large 16” x 20” Canvas, and personalized instruction
- 1 glass of Cranwell private label wine.
- Light snacks
- 20% discount on spa services before or after the painting party (or take a coupon for a future visit)
Wine & Spirit Tasting With BBQ at the Mansion
Wine & Spirit Tasting & BBQ at the Mansion
June 30 - August 18
Join us in the Mansion every Tuesday beginning June 30 from 4-5pm for a complimentary Wine & Spirit Tasting. You'll be able to sample a host of domestic and international wines along with a variety of Spirits by Berkshire Mountain Distillers.
After each tasting be sure to stick around for a special summer BBQ from 5pm-8pm also at the Mansion where we will be serving up delicious food and stunning panoramic views. Some of our menu will feature locally sourced products that you won't want to miss. Click here to see the full menu. ($50 per person exclusive of tax and gratuity)
Cranwell Open Fall Golf Classic
To Benefit The Berkshire Humane Society
Cranwell Resort is pleased to sponsor an exciting fall golf tournament open to the public, where proceeds will benefit* the Berkshire Humane Society located in Pittsfield, MA. Please join us for a day of fun, food and fall golf, all for a good cause. Make it a real getaway with a Sunday night room rate of $99 available only to tournament participants.
Sunday, Septmeber 27, 2015
Click Here to Register Online
DATE: September 27, 2015
TIME: 11:30am - Registration & Lunch (Hot Dogs and Hamburgers, side dish, soft drinks)
12:30pm - Shotgun Start
5:30pm - Hors d’oeuvres, Cash Bar
6:30pm - Dinner and Raffle (Music Room)
PLACE: Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
55 Lee Rd Lenox, MA 01240
ENTRY FEE: $135.00 (includes: tournament gift, green fees, cart, prizes, hors d'oeuvres & dinner)
FORMAT: Captain n Crew Scramble
4 person teams.
If you enter as a single or
a twosome you will be paired
with a team.
*Proceeds from the golf tournament, raffle drawing and half of the room rate will be donated to the Berkshire Humane Society.
Not a Golfer? Hit the Spa with 20% off Spa Treatments for Tournament Guests!Guests of tournament players and overnight guests receive 20% off spa treatments on Sunday, 9/27 and Monday, 9/28. Call 800-272-6935 soon to reserve your spa service.
Monday Night BBQ
Monday Night BBQ
At Sloane's Tavern
Join us for a delicious all-you-can-eat BBQ every Monday night at Sloane's Tavern from 5pm-8pm! Featuring corn on the cob, BBQ chicken and Chef's Choice Kebob. Click here to see the full menu. ($18.95 per person exclusive of tax and gratuity)
June 29 - August 31
Nine & Wine
Nine & Wine
Twilight SpecialPlay a round of 9 holes after 4:00 pm and join us for a glass of wine or brew in our Mansion or Sloane’s Tavern - $40 per person including cart when two golf together. (Tuesday – Thursday, July 1 – August 28)
Twice as Nice
Twice As Nice
Enjoy two 50-minute services (Swedish Massage and Skin Solutions Facial) along with two glasses of wine (one per person) for $200, excluding service charges after 4:00 pm. (Tuesday – Thursday July 1 – August 28)
Shopping at the SpaOur Spa Shop features a large variety of gifts, as well as UGG loungewear, Yoga and fitness attire. We carry an extensive selection of the facial and body products used in our treatments, including BABOR, Moroccan Oil, Sojourn and Iredale Mineral Cosmetics. You can also visit our shop online.
Family FunCranwell is known for it's luxurious spa, renowned golf course and one-of-a-kind service, but did you know we are also a popular family destination? Take a dip in our kid friendly indoor pool or enjoy some quality time with the whole family playing ping pong, air hockey, pool & more in our Game Room.
Here are some of the great ways families have enjoyed time at Cranwell:
"The Cranwell Resort in Lenox, Massachusetts is an ideal family base for adventures in an area mostly visited by parents with kids away at summer camp, empty nesters and retirees. There are about two dozen historic Berkshire cottages remainig from the Gilded Age—many of those have been converted for lodging purposes. Cranwell is the most historic and upscale of these properties that also welcomes families.
While other properties aim for a more intimate and exclusive experience, Cranwell is casual and welcoming and has added many new buildings with accommodations spread out on the property. Although there are a few rooms in the original house best suited for couples, families will want the Queen Junior Suites, ideally in the Carriage House, as our room was recently renovated. A few townhouses are on property for even more space, but opt instead for rooms in the buildings connected to the indoor pool and spa by long glass hallways." - Continue Reading on LuxeRecess.com
"Upon arrival, we were treated to a king-sized, garden-facing suite that was quite literally larger than our home back in New York City! Case in the point, the last time we had two full bathrooms all to ourselves at a hotel was the 1898 Barcelona (where we celebrated another anniversary two years ago). No doubt our active little monkey was in absolute heaven, as he had room aplenty to roam freely and get into a bit of mischief.
The best part? The indoor pool at the hotel spa! Hand’s down, it’s one of the nicest indoor pools I’ve ever encountered, partially due to size and construction (the resort was designed by architects Peabody & Stearns), and partly thanks to its well-situated location, surrounded by spectacular fall foliage. Our morning dip was one of my favorite memories of the trip – though in truth – it’s hard to pick just one!" - Continue Reading on RockShic.com