Cranwell Resort’s historic 18-hole Massachusetts golf course combines spectacular views with challenging golf. Tree-lined fairways and naturally contoured greens have been carefully preserved since the course was built by Wayne Stiles and John Van Kleek in 1926.
Recent accolades for our golf course include 4.5 Stars by 2015 New England Golf Guide, named "Best Places to Play" by Golf Digest, "Best Spa for Golf" in the Spa Finder Reader's Choice Awards, "Best of the Berkshires" 2017 for our Pro Shop and "Best Massachusetts Golf Hotel" for the 2017 World Golf Awards.
Golf Course Amenities
Cranwell's golf course provides the ideal setting for a memorable golf experience.
- Daily play open to the public
- 18 hole historic golf course
- 10-acre driving range
- Two practice putting greens
- Practice area for pitching, chipping and bunker shots
- Latest rental equipment featuring Nike Golf
- Pro Shop offering a broad selection of quality golf wear and equipment
- with special equipment orders taken upon request
- Private lessons, junior programs, and half/full-day clinics
- A full array of seasonal membership options
- Unlimited Golf Getaway Packages
Club Fitting: Cranwell Golf Instruction offers state-of the-art Callaway Golf club fitting equipment to help players fit to the right clubs for their game. Our Golf Professionals are certified Callaway Golf club fitters and will get you on the right track for equipment you will need to improve your game. Rates and availability are available on request.
Greens Fees, Nike Club Rental and Driving Range
SPRING & FALL
Fri-Sun. & Holidays
After 2 pm
|Fri-Sun. & Holidays|
|After 3 pm||$39||$49|
Cart fees are additional and optional in the Spring and Fall Seasons, as well as Twilight Hours. Cart rental is required on weekends and holidays in July and August prior to Twilight Hours.
Cart Fees (per person)
18 Holes - $20
9 Holes/Twilight - $14
Junior Golfers (16 and under) receive 50% discount off all current greens fees.
Rentals feature Nike Vapor Series and include a sleeve of custom Cranwell golf balls, Cranwell tees, ball marker and ball mark repair tool
18 Holes - $45
9 Holes - $30
Warm-up Bucket (30 balls) - $5
Practice Bucket (70 balls) - $10
2018 Golf Memberships
As a member of The Golf Club at Cranwell, you will have the opportunity to not only play on one of the best golf courses in the Berkshires as often as you like, but you will also have access to all of the wonderful amenities of our award-winning resort. In addition to Full Memberships, we offer Junior, Young Professional, Midweek and Family memberships.
Full Membership Benefits:
- Unlimited use of our 18-hole golf course
- Driving Range with complimentary practice balls
- 50% off greens fees for guests
- Advance tee time reservations
- Use of Spa with Fitness Center, indoor pool, sauna, steam room and whirlpool*
- Outdoor swimming pool and tennis court privileges*
- 20% food and retail purchases*
*Restrictions apply on certain retail purchases. Guest fees apply for the outdoor pool and tennis guests.
For complete information on Golf Club Membership at Cranwell, click below or call the Pro Shop at 413-637-2563.
Membership Benefits, Application & Payment Form
For more information or to purchase a membership, please visit golf.cranwell.com
Personalized private instruction with your golf professional will help advance your game. Playing lessons and video analysis are available to help pinpoint areas of improvement.
1 Hour Private Golf Instruction - $125
- Member Rate - $100
1/2 Private Golf Instruction - $70
Junior Lessons (under 18) - $65 (45 minutes)
On-Course Golf Instruction - $135/hour
$35 per additional person (max 2 people)
Sunday Clinics - 11:00 am to 12:00 pm every Sunday from May 27th - September 2nd
Topics vary weekly - $35 per session or $460 for the 16-week season.
August 20th - 24th, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm daily | $225 per junior
5 Hours of Instruction Package - Time scheduled as needed | $500
90-minute lesson including a round of Golf | $190 per student
From corporate and association outings to fundraising tournaments and family retreats, Cranwell can provide for your entire tournament needs. We can arrange prizes and tournament scoring, to BBQ luncheons and post-tournament dinners.
- Greens Fees Package
- Beverage carts (option to set-up master account)
- Merchandise, dining or spa credits for prize winners
- Registration Set-up (indoor or outdoor)
- Tournament administration & scoreboard
- Golf Clinics on Swing, Putting, Short Game or Mental Tips
- Health Clinics on sports-related topics: stretching & fitness training
- Banquet service throughout the resort: Sloane’s Terrace, Meadow View, Mansion or Rose Terrace
For golf group outing information and rates, please call (413) 881-1638.
TWO-DAY GOLF SCHOOL
Golf schools are great for new golfers who want to be introduced to the game, or advanced players who may need a refresher course. With the small group of 4:1 student-teacher ratio, it helps promote attention to the students' needs. Skill level can be mixed among students and with the small group it allows the instructor to meet the unique needs of each individual. The school covers all areas of the golf game and has time for your special needs and requests per individual student. With video analysis and a more one on one attention with students, allow the Cranwell golf schools to help you take your game to the next level.
Sign up today! Please contact Chris Polidoro, PGA or call the Pro Shop at (413) 637-2563
Two-Day Golf School
- 6 hours of golf instruction (3 hours per day)
- Maximum of 8 students (1 to 4 teacher/student ratio)
- $50 Food Credit at any of our restaurants on property
- Round of golf with cart each day
- Club storage
- 20% off in the Golf Pro Shop
Per Student cost: $600
June 24 & 25- 9:00am to 12:00pm
July 22 & 23- 9:00am to 12:00pm
August 19 & 20- 9:00am to 12:00pm
Short Game Schools
The Cranwell Short Game Schools are designed exclusively to help students hit their short game shots properly and more consistently. Improving your skills around the green- your chipping, pitchings and sand play- will undoubtedly lower your scores.
This golf school focuses keenly on a system of essential skills and techniques that help golfers understand first what they need to do to hit their scoring shots closer, second how they can properly practice to improve and third how to take this work confidently to the course.
Per Student cost: $150
July 7th- 10:00am to 12:00pm
August 25th- 10:00am to 12:00pm